Sorted Hope tech master cylinder/lever

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have a full set mated to v2/4 callipers which are too much brake for my xc plans. I bought some replacement x2 callipers and was going to do a swap but I've also ended up with a spare lever so thinking rather than swap things out, getting another lever will mean I can build up a set of brakes without having to take apart the working ones. I've got hoses etc, so just need the master cylinder and lever gubbins.

I have a full set mated to v2/4 callipers which are too much brake for my xc plans. I bought some replacement x2 callipers and was going to do a swap but I've also ended up with a spare lever so thinking rather than swap things out, getting another lever will mean I can build up a set of brakes without having to take apart the working ones. I've got hoses etc, so just need the master cylinder and lever gubbins.
I've a master cylinder body, its in bits and doesnt have a lever blade, though I do have a pair of lever blades in red, but they're new. and ive the lids in blue, but those are new too. Given the price of new lever blades, and the minimum that could be asked for, the price would be over 70 quid, if we included the blades, the body itself and the lids

What I think you should do is sell me the single lever you have and i can build up a red,white(silver) and blue set.
Then flog them for a big profit ;)

Cheers for the reply. I actually have a few spare bits, blades, top caps and adjusters in red, so only need the body, internals and possibly the lever bits. I'd need to check what bits I have to be sure what I don't have/need.

How much would you want and what do you have so I can figure out what else I'd need.

I have a brand new set of tech 3 levers in black I bought in error, plus other hope bits (hub stuff) if you need anything and would be open to trade?

I've all the parts for the lever, internals, springs,cam etc. Just no lids or blade or clamp 1/2(i was using them with sram/hope shifter clamps. I'll see whats in the box though, but cant make any promises.,
So say 35 quid for what i have and that included royal mail 1st class recorded post(which is about £4.50).- I'll send you the lever body,inc the cam(and its spring) fully built, with diaphragms and the new blue lids
Or 25 without the blue lids.

Oooor ;)
How about the purple set up from this thread. Levers,lids and bore caps for X2 calipers.

Tech 2 didnt come in purple..

I'm glad you replied to this. I've posted replies to other folk about stuff they needed but they couldn't even be 4r5ed to reply back. Month down the line i just withdrew. WTF is up with some folk. Go to the trouble of replying to their ad, offering what they need, and they cant be bothered letting me know one way or other.

Thanks, that all sounds perfect to me. As much as I love the purple, the build does have a bit of red and blue so I could mix the red I have with the blue caps and tie it all in nicely.

The lever I have is a little stiff, I suspect seals on the piston need replacing. I might have some knocking around from when I rebuilt the set on my wife's bike as they had the same issue. If you happen to have a spare rebuild kit I'd happily take that too.

Cheers

Ian

Righto, rebuilt lever.
Ive a number of new piston seals, but i dont know what they fit, or if they are for older lever pistons or newer ones. Is there any way of identifying them. or is it a case of they're all the same. Hopes exploded diagrams dont really show enough detail to identify.

Cool, when I said piston, I actually meant master cylinder seals but I've not had a chance to look at my lever yet as it only arrived yesterday so not had time to fettle.

Back