Sorted Hope TECH / EVO 2 Master Cylinder Lever

thisgoff

Retro Newbie
As title suggest I'm after a Hope Tech / EVO 2 master cylinder.

Either the 2009 or 2012 version will do.

If its the 2009 version I could make do with just the master cylinder body p/n HBSP212, but a complete lever unit would be good also if anyone has one spare.

TIA

I may have one. Need to check as I've been hoarding brakes and spares as I just like these brakes. I think I have a single brake which is surplus. I'm not sure how to tell the 09 from the 12 if I'm honest. Whichever I have, it's silver (I have black on a build but my stash is silver with black levers and lids).

Awesome. Yeah, I forgot to mention silver is what I'd be after.
As for 2009 vs 2012; on the 2012 where the lever cam pushes on the piston there is a roller that acts on the piston, whereas on the 2009 it is just the lever cam pushing on a plastic face of the piston. I think 'EVO' is also the name they gave at 2012 to distinguish this roller design on the lever cam.
Anyway, either 2009 or 2012 lever would suit for my needs, so if you have one spare that is in a functioning condition, then I'd be interested in it.

I may have one. Need to check as I've been hoarding brakes and spares as I just like these brakes. I think I have a single brake which is surplus. I'm not sure how to tell the 09 from the 12 if I'm honest. Whichever I have, it's silver (I have black on a build but my stash is silver with black levers and lids).
Hi, @ishaw, don’t suppose you’ve had any luck looking through your surplus brakes.
Thanks

Sorry for the delay. Slipped my mind. I've had a rummage and I do indeed seem to have a spare brake. I've added a couple of pics of the lever below. It's the non Evo version. Thanks for the info on the difference btw, seems mad not to have noticed the difference at the piston/lever pivot.

The lever is 8n decent condition, everything seems to move nice and smoothly. It's connected up to a brake but there's no fluid in the system as I drained it prior to storing as I was fettling a few sets. I can't be sure but I may have replaced the seals and o-rings.

How much of it do you need, I may need the bar clamp, but I've got a few matchmaker options.

Attachments

• PSX_20230129_233532.jpg
    PSX_20230129_233532.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PSX_20230129_233517.jpg
    PSX_20230129_233517.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 5
Nice, looks in really good condition. Thanks for finding it.
A bare minimum I need would be the lever body and piston (with attached seals) I have a complete lever, but the cylinder is leaking from the piston seals after a failed repair to some damage to the cylinder wall.
But if you'd rather part with the complete lever (just remove the hose) that would be cool too. I do also have a clamp, so no worries there if you needed that still.
Let me know what your preference/price would be split down or the whole lever, plus postage. I'm in Croydon, South London, in case a meet would be easier/cheaper.

Back