Hope hub failures anyone??

Ok might give them a go again then. I flogged the old hub on ebay years ago! Someone probably got a bargain there and blagged a new one from hope, oh well.

Would really like one of the very old ones again, the click on them was ridiculous, especially when teamed with an ally frame, no need for a bell in those days!

cheers fellas.

choppstar10":xzbsxe2w said:
the click on them was ridiculous, especially when teamed with an ally frame, no need for a bell in those days!

the new pro2 & 3 are pretty damn loud too! louder than a king or hugi

I only ever broke one.

And that was with 1,8-1,5 gauge db spokes, radial spoking on non-drive side after 4 years of heavy use on a road bike, and spoke tension way beyond what's recommended.

It was probably the stiffest and lightest rear wheel I've ever had. And I knew the risks when I built it.

Still have my original XC front hub from 92 and it's up to it's third rim now.

The Ti-glide and Fatso on my Dave Yates have also been hammered and they are knocking on too.

Anyone see the reason I have Hopes Pro IIs on my latest bike?

It may not be the design that's at fault, the biggest killer for aluminium is the stuff thats in "muck off" and the like, it's brilliant for cleaning, but if the anodising has worn, exposing the bare aluminium, then it will corode.

It's simliar to the chemicals that are used for swimming pools, people who have stored their aluminium bikes in the same place as these chemicals have seen their bike almost disolve :shock:

Back