Holdsworth Professional Track Frame?

Re:

Just bumping this to say that although I am as wary as he is of making assumptions, I would regard OldTel's frame as further evidence that a 'Holdsworth' that returned to the shop for a respray after 1975 would become a 'Roy Thame'.

Shaun/Midlife stated that he was sure the paint job on his 'Roy Thame' was not professional. In the case of that frame, here is a likely scenario: The frame started out as a Holdsworth Cronometro. Some time after 1975 it returned to the shop for a respray and became a 'Roy Thame'. Some more years passed and the frame was again repainted, possibly by a new owner, an 'amateur' painter, in the paint it wears now, and, quite logically in such circumstances, he applied a fresh set of 'Roy Thame' decals.

Back earlier in this thread Dave you were lamenting the lack of 5 digit serials with a '0' in third position? The Roy Thame I just mentioned on the other thread is one.. a 750** rather than a 690**, though, admittedly.
And then there is my own frame K75013R.. which leads me to ask the question: Was the use of a 'K' prefix to denote a 'stock' frame a convention peculiar to the Holdsworth shop, or did other shops also use the 'K' prefix for this purpose?

Oh.. and thanks to OldTel we get to see a putative Reg Collard fork steerer number, and no.. they are not stacked like they are on the BB.

Yep, my "Roy Thame" is on the to-do list to turn it back into a Holdsworth Cronometro. The adverts BITD have it in the orange and kingfisher colour scheme but might have it in white with red panels like the younger Derek Cottington bike.

Re:

Yeah I don't know if members of the Holdsworth pro team were issued with a Cronometro for time trials.. or even if they rode time trials? I would go with the white and red.. but not white white like in a washing powder commercial.. :) It's funny... this white 'n' red and orange 'n' blue seems in both cases to possibly pre-date Mr. Merckx's Faemas and Moltenis.. almost as if he was taking his colour cues from Holdsworth..

Back