Highlander bike??? Fillet brazed frame

Always liked the Campag seatpost with the QR seat clamp mechanism, shame it weighed a ton.

Just came across this thread - nice frame! Especially the wishbone stays and head tube lugs! Have you looked at MecaCycles? French (I think) and fillet brazed, also known for making unusual small batch mtbs in the late 80s

Good call indeed. I thought about MecaCycles from the beginning of my search.

Their work on split seat tubes and the filler brazed parts were indeed the main reasons. Nevertheless I haven't found close enough clues to go in that direction.

Their fillet brazed work on the split tube is a bit different. The same for the lugs and the cable guides. And it seems they had 3 mtb models, still different than mine. 😅

Strange it has such unusual / maybe unique features and such a generic name. The distinctive paintwork points towards original rather than a respray.. Who knows.

Strange it has such unusual / maybe unique features and such a generic name. The distinctive paintwork points towards original rather than a respray.. Who knows.
Agree, the paintwork is the original. The paint is very thick and typical of 80s in its depth.

Update 1: an uncut Campagnolo Record seatpost is on its way. It's a 180mm as there aren't longer options. So I might still look for a longer option for long rides.

Last edited:
Update 2: an Italia Super Turbo saddle is on its way. They were produce between 1985 and 1992 if I'm not mistaken. And as the bike is a bit original in its setup, having this saddle would have been possible.

That being said, I am still looking for a Cinelli Unicanitor model 55 ;)

Back