Hi All - new(ish) member, Stumpy M4 01

Nice bike bud. That's the Stumpjumper Comp I think. I had the full sus version of that bike. Was amazing.

Re:

Yeah, cheers, it is an amazing ride.. I've toyed with the idea of getting a carbon framed bike at some point, but this thing is both lively and super stiff.. it just will not flex at all. A big difference from my old MT4 Dynatech, that thing flexed like hell, but in a good way..

Putting any power down on the pedals transfers straight into hyper-forward motion, I think the wheels help with that too. I'd love a set of Cross Max wheels, but they are above my budget at the moment. Not disappointed with the Cross Rides though, they'll more than do until I find the cash :)

Total overhaul - stripped and painted matt black.

Stumpy2015.JPG

That looks superb in black! I've got an 04 stumpy comp disc as my winter hard tail. Great bikes, although the only left from the original spec is the rear mech! Everything else has been upgraded.

Cheers! To say I'm pretty happy with how it turned out is a bit of an understatement :) The only thing is I really wanted DT Swiss forks on it, but had to settle for the Manitou's coz I couldn't find any new DT's with a straight steerer.. the upshot is those Manitou's are MRD models, so are pretty light for a 100mm fork :)

Re:

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I think your Specialized looks a lot better in black :cool:

Interested to hear how you fit chainsets to external bb's, as I've just got both for my road bike.
I just put the drive side through, and clamped the left one on. Then screwing the end cap in. Sound right?

Mike

Well, if it's spaced right, yeah you just bosh it in and tighten it down. I replaced the Race Face BB I had in it with an Aerozine one. I was a bit concerned as it didn't run as free as I'd hoped, but that could well be the grease solidifying in the cups. Don't get me wrong, it's all good, but ceramic bearings are supposed to run really smooth.

Back