Here comes the Summer Sunn ! C'est FIN !

Re:

Thank you for your kind comments chaps .looking forward to a nice ride in the Sun tonight :cool:

Mike

Re:

my interpretation of the same frame :idea:
its a lovely frame indeed :mrgreen:
its my errand bike

with a tange double butted rigid fork, sachs quartz rear mech , streak X crankset with TA rings, Avid Arch 50 V Brakes, XTR triggers, Syncros stemn ritchey seatpost, and 217 rims on black Brubz 2 front and black LX back with period Python Gold ;)

Re: Re:

bduc61":2vsx03kn said:
my interpretation of the same frame :idea:
its a lovely frame indeed :mrgreen:
its my errand bike

with a tange double butted rigid fork, sachs quartz rear mech , streak X crankset with TA rings, Avid Arch 50 V Brakes, XTR triggers, Syncros stemn ritchey seatpost, and 217 rims on black Brubz 2 front and black LX back with period Python Gold ;)

Smart bduc :cool:

Managed to try my new toy out in the week .
Firstly a 2hr ride on some of my favourite trails . Before I even got to them , I got a flat :roll: Hope this wasn't a bad omen

. . .
Let the fun begin ! :cool: This , being a road , and only 17% , not really what I was looking for . Thankfully it's only the prelude to riding up this , this being where it flattens out :shock:

Some propper off road trails , STEEP ! Steeper coming up to that gap between the bushes you can see in the background ! Made it on 24 x 28 granny gear , just . Photo was as much to get my breath back as for piccy purposes :oops:
On top of the Downs now , and along the South Downs Way .
Big trail , big ring all the way along to nice drop down to main road .
Bike felt a bit sluggish TBH . Realised why when I got home . Only around 20psi in the front tyre after the flat :facepalm: :oops:
Nice and light though . That evening I put on a slightly longer stem for a tad more stretch and rise .
Next day , went out with a group around Stanmer Park . Doing a race there in a couple of weeks , so good to get an idea of the place . Some lovely tight singletrack , technical , rooty and good for bikes with narrow bars :cool: Glad to be in front of the others with their wide bars :LOL:
Having got a bit more air in my front tyre :roll: the bike was excellent ! Riding position was great , and it all worked flawlessly :cool:
So all in all , I'm really pleased with the bike .

Mike

Attachments

• Sunn first ride 3.jpg
    Sunn first ride 3.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 1,085
  • Sunn first ride 2.jpg
    Sunn first ride 2.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 1,085
  • Sunn first ride.jpg
    Sunn first ride.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,085
How do you find the wrists hold up? I'm veering towards hard tails even with my upright riding position, especially downhill.

hidden gems these sunn frames are. Mine doesnt seem to get much love on here, but I think I prefer it to my zaskar.

Re:

Sunn are criminally under rated. Despite great reviews back in the day. Whack "Kona kileau" decals on it and people would go mad for it.

Size wise is so much better for you then the bonty mate.

Love it. Good ride write up too.

Re:

Seriously great fun to ride . May even prefer it to my Scotts . Should be embarrased about that, being a '98 .
Can't see why they're underrated .
Biggest concern was the Ritchey foam grips . They're fairly thin , but very comfortable . No wrist ache HM .
Definately a better riding position compared to the Bonty , Coomber . Good decision .
Still got to get some paint on the underside of the downtube and forks . But not before I have more fun on it ! :LOL: :LOL:
However , noticed the l/h crank had come loose when I cleaned the bike , as it did on the Bonty . New bb too . Cleaned out the threads and loctited it . Also put a pair of crank extractors over the 8mm bolts to stop them from moving Hope that works

Mike

Re:

Once again another stunning build, and sounds like it was worth the effort too.

Very nicely done indeed.

Back