Henry Burton Track Frame

lclements

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hey all,
Picked this up at a house sale yesterday for £40, looks to have nice lugs and feels very light. I can't seem to find much about whether Henry Burton would have built this, or if that is a good thing. I was told it was from the 1960's.
It's currently got tubs, which I think I will keep, and besides the spokes being rusty the wheelset seems quite nice (Mavic Championnat Du Monde Sur Route Rims, on Milremo and 'Normandy' high flange hubs).
Cutout Sakae Royal stem looks nice too.

So, what can be said about this spontaneous purchase? Worth it? Also, please tell me what these lugs are if you can.

Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lunchclements/sets/72157627240180936/

Cheers, Luke

If nothing else a tidy profit to the fixie crowd on ebay...:roll:

A nice find and it could be a very special machine when tidied up.

Bargain'tastical! How much are you asking? ;)

Cut out lugs are lovely, the "fishtails" smell like Nervex to me, but I know less than nothing!..

Excellent purchase! Well worth the £40. Lugs are, I think, Nervex 'Legere', not quite at the 'Nervex Pro' level but still OK. The crankset is a double which is quite interesting it being a 165mm length. What's the chain-line like?

Probably not a 'top line' frame but pretty good nevertheless.

Old Ned: Looking through some of the Legere variants, the head tube pair look pretty similar to model 48's.. Chainline looks to be spot on, and it's not the first double 165 I've had..

Some Guy: Not planning on selling it just yet :p

I plan on rebuilding the front wheel with some stainless DB spokes, and maybe the back if I really like it..

Give it a sand and respray in cream, line the lugs..

Thanks for all your input so far :)

Luke

Definately worth £40, you sir have a bargain!

- like dutchie said, lets have a photo of the whole thing!

...look forward to seeing it refreshed!

Ok all, I've just been out snapping, and I've added the new pictures to the end of that Flickr album. It's got the newly built front wheel on it, and the saddle which I've cared to and laced.

Any more info on Henry Burton or the parts would be appreciated :)

Luke

teaser pic:
5966176973_d00a38e0fe_z.jpg

Front wheel makes a big difference now its all shiney!

As for info on Henry Burton, they still have a shop and website, maybe worth asking them if they have any build records etc if thats what your after?

Looking forward to seeing it restored!

Right, I've just sent an email to them asking for any details if they still have them, and also if they have any old decals...

That wheel does make a difference, the back one will have to be done too I think :p

What is the best sort of paint I can do at home, I've only ever done rattle can jobs. I am thinking of cream with navy or burgundy lug lining.

Luke

Back