Help with a Cinelli please

Not a high end bike so as said, it will never be worth a mint which means it's not worth much now.

That said, I quite like it. They manage to make a cheap bike look good.

I'd love a go at doing that up, those hubs are a great shape, been trying to track down some old school campag hubs all night.

thinking old school nuovo tipo, circle shape cut outs in hub type.

Well Im back in work on Wednesday so will find out if he wants to sell it to me. I reckon with a lot of elbow grease most of the bike could be made good again.
I know its a bog basic bike but in its full glory it is a good looking frame.
Fingers crossed for a winter project!

The infomation I was going to provide has already been provided!

I recently picked up a bike over in Italy, same frame and forks as this Cinelli, made under the name Garlatti, but branded as 'Cassia'. As these frames were sold to independent bike shops in Italy and branded as their own and then sold- bike boom era...

Mine doesn't have any of the chrome on the forks and lugs, and is currently built as a winter hack- abit of elbow grease and you'd have a nice looking Riviera there, don't see many of them about either!

Ive not heard anything back from him so I fear it may be thrown back in the barn for another 30 years :(

Latest update, its now mine, so off to work tomorrow to give it a good clean and scrape to see how it looks.

I have a compressor with grit blaster and sprayer so will try to respray the frame back to the same colours, the problem is the chrome, I cant afford to get it re chromed, has anyone any experience of using the chrome effect paint?

Back