Help me re-purpose my old MTBs!!!

legrandefromage":1rucuoqy said:
Most GT's had the option of Rock Shox so a 425 fork wont be that bad. I'd use the Trek as is - ideal for commuting

But weren't the forks like 50mm travel? So not much more than 400mm?

Anyway, it rides OK with the 425 fork - I'm not enough of a connoisseur to know, though the BB does feel higher...

Trek is your best bet for a commuter, it will keep on delivering
My commuter build in the making is an MTB with a similar stem to the one on your Tequesta, drops and 2 X 9 Sora 3550

^Yum, I have a set of Suntour acushift one on an old rusty Spesh Hardrock build, that I am probably going to flag as it is really really rusty and I have a lot of other bikes I like more

I have a thing for saving the dead ones(only have one with a mint paint job out of about 20)and they are all projects, I have replaced drinking with bikes and am as happy as a pig in the muck.
I saved the Hardrock from a hedge, seriously the hedge was completely covering it, I did not see it until we had cut the foliage away while removing the hedge, the owner of the house had been there 10 years and never knew it was there!!
All the bikes I have were so far gone they need full rebuild and I do meant full, the stem was so stuck in the fork that to get the fork out I had to cut the stem!!

Bicycle Addict":1fvvn7kg said:
I have a thing for saving the dead ones(only have one with a mint paint job out of about 20)and they are all projects, I have replaced drinking with bikes and am as happy as a pig in the muck.

For me it's smoking tabs. Expensive habit. After amassing a growing collection of frames, bits and parts, I'm still quids in compared to when I smoked.

Also, leaving London helps...

Yea gave those up 20 years ago, my reasoning was if I spend money on rent I have a roof over me, bills means power, phone, alcohol meant I got drunk, clothes meant I did not get done for public indecency!.
Cigs gave me nothing, well apart from an addiction, and less oxygen flow, and a cough! The reduction in oxygen is where they link cancer in(my Mum was riddled with it, I gave up cigs she did not, she died 2 years ago)

Bikes make me tick, have me talking to some pretty good people, and there is nothing like the adrenaline buzz waiting for an auction to close!?

Back