Help me identify this Carlton (67 - 71)

the tube that the rear brake mounts through is loose, not the actual seat stay bridge itself, but the little tube lining the hole through the bridge that the brakes mount through, it's loose but still there and might just need welding firm

That tube can go..... then use half round spacers :)

brakemounting-rearmed.jpg

Shaun

yep that's the one, didn't think it was super important, I think the rest of the frame is sound

7vD3aCv.jpg

Cz9DYOP.jpg

going back to your earlier post, there's a number on the dropout

OTbSvrz.jpg

Id go with Corsair, if its around 67-71 the frame number will be just a number, they dropped the letter prefix for some reason... Carlton numbering still baffles me now...

Spokesmann":14slb4jx said:
Id go with Corsair, if its around 67-71 the frame number will be just a number, they dropped the letter prefix for some reason... Carlton numbering still baffles me now...

A prefix! so did they start reusing the letters again? just when you think you got it nailed!

tehtehteh":3bzsaxjf said:
so, what do I need to do to get my cranks looking as good as or better than these:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/spokesman ... 68400@N24/

can I get those toe clips too? I have the same pedals and the toe clips would look great I think

are there any guides or project logs I can look at here to get an idea of what this restoration will entail?

Christophe/Zefal toes clips are still available, as are the leather straps. The picture is taken from my 65 Sun Snipe Plus.

VwRaWTh.jpg

z3EIivm.jpg

the brakes cleaned up ok, just need help with a few things, looking for new pivot bolts, also looking for pads, I've been told those are the original pads so matching these would be great

also looking for new pinch bolts for the cable and clamps for the levers

if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them

Back