Help identifying my carbon Trek

Richardcs

Retro Guru
All,

Ive just picked up the below and am trying to work out the history of it - not much coming up searching Google and images but I may be looking for the wrong thing! On it it says '9.9 team issue' and 'OCLV carbon 110'. The frame has plenty of battle scars but appears crack free. Any info greatly appreciated!!
20230424_120024.jpg

its deffo carbon... hmm.. the plot thickens... though that woudl explain why i cant find it if its not a trek!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I seem to think I have another Trek from about 2006 that had that bronze seatpost clamp - and the "TREK" on the downtube is old font - rather than the new block font. 110 was their lighter carbon at the time - 130gsm was the standard.

I seem to think I have another Trek from about 2006 that had that bronze seatpost clamp - and the "TREK" on the downtube is old font - rather than the new block font. 110 was their lighter carbon at the time - 130gsm was the standard.
thanks!

Definitely looks like one of the early full carbon Trek XC bikes. These were superlight BITD and right at the cutting edge. Think they were around mid-90s? May be a bit off here as they were well Out of my price range…

Back