Hello from Essex! 1999 & 2009 Bikes ;)

HammeredGooch

Retro Newbie
Hi guys. Found a place dedicated to all my favourite childhood bikes!
I still have a Giant Box One. Bought @14 with 2 years worth of paper round money! Other then a set of Magura Louises. Its as it left the factory.
And now a not so retro 2009 Kona Cinder Cone. Nice spec. Lovely bike.
But I have an urge!
An urge for an old school hardcore hardtail!

I do a short commute to work. 1 mile trail. 1.5 miles road. 1 mile country park to get to work. On the way home there is a selection of trails running through that last mile home...and I want to RIP through them!

In my head I am thinking old Orange P7/Crush. I basically want a hardy hardtail. Would prefer something older...since I am nostalgic.

Seem to get rolling projects around £200 and frame only about £75 on the P7's. Open to any and all suggestions.

P.S. If any of you are selling something similar...was after 16.5"-17.5" frame depending on geometry.

Kona is an 18" and simply too big through the single track and little jump sets.

When I am settled with the new ride would like to go destroy the local trails then cycle to Hadleigh and have a crack at the Olympic course over there.

Im always more into build it from scratch. this way you learn bike mechanics or refresh old skills.
A P7 frame isnt going to cost much if youre the average height.

This one under 60 to your door.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-P7-17 ... SwfDtdC-Qj

Same seller also has in slime green(My fav colour), for an extra tenner.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-P7-17 ... SwyNtdC-a9

Or the route as above a complete bike, then sell off bits to put on other bits you had or remember wanting. P7 is one of those icons, always be someone selling one. And in 200 years too :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks for the replies guys.
Really like the slime green P7!
Now here are the other 2 frames its against. An On One 456 Summer Season and a Cove Handjob XC.
Any opinions welcome!

Back