Headset & Restoration Help with 1995 Kona Cinder Cone

Whats wrong with headset on the bike? You say it is 'messed up' but is it definitely dead? Are bearing surfaces definitely toast? If not it might just need a clean and new bearings - about £1.

It would originally have had a Kona/Joe Murray Impact headset. They need a bit of maintenance cos the seals are a bit rubbish but work fine if looked after. Might be worth asking in the 'wanted' forum if anyone has one. Heck of a lot cheaper than CK etc if you are on a budget.

jonthefish":2348i0dt said:
Whats wrong with headset on the bike? You say it is 'messed up' but is it definitely dead? Are bearing surfaces definitely toast? If not it might just need a clean and new bearings - about £1.

It would originally have had a Kona/Joe Murray Impact headset. They need a bit of maintenance cos the seals are a bit rubbish but work fine if looked after. Might be worth asking in the 'wanted' forum if anyone has one. Heck of a lot cheaper than CK etc if you are on a budget.

A fair point and i guess i judt jumped the gun when i realized it was siezing. Got a new headset from this forum and if the original can be fixed up easily it might go on another bike or for sale here, cheers!

Latest posts

Back