Having a mare! Suggestions please? Crangst

Sure you've got the right thread?

There are a couple, or possibly 3 different sized threads floating around. One of my extractors has a reversible head to do two of them.

I only found out when i watcted someone wind in the wrong sized extractor into the smaller one of the two with a spanner.
Made a right mess.

Yes. Extractor fitted fine and took off other side first with no problem. Dead now as thread on body stripped. Arm unharmed thankfully, but still stuck.

Gruff":34nxpphz said:
If the cranks aren't that important then ride it without a crank bolt. shouldn't take long to come off but a slight chance of damaging the tapers.

Just one small point to improve this plan. Leave the crank bolt in place but loosened by two turns. It will stop the crank falling off and causing you a mischief.

This morning a little parcel arrived containing a super cheapo tiny crank puller and a BB socket thingy. These are in addition to the ones i already have ruined or ordered. I had completely forgotten about these as alcohol, a late night, mother-in-law avoidance and about seven quid were involved.

Came off first time with no trouble. Must have been the overnight soak. Patience.

Ordered a new 107mm BB as the old one was 'gravelly'. Thanks for all the suggestions inc the suicidal crank roulette ones.

lets hope this cures the clicking that was driving me to distraction in the first place.

Back