Harry Hall

Just seen your P.M. it got snagged in my junk mail.
I bought the bike as a project in 2010 off ebay, from a chap in Blackpool. . I still have family in the north of England and one of them picked it up and took it home to await any family member who was coming north to Scotland. Judging from the rust on the bike when I got it, it had been left outside for a while.,I managed to find a couple of campag hubs and robbed the cones and spindles out of them and after a couple of ball bearing changes ,they run quite smoothly .
The wheels are fine ,after having to tension the spokes a few times , brakes have been upgraded ,rear mech and saddle.
I still have the brookes saddle ,I did try to get used to it but it really was torture.
I don't ride it much now , but up untill two years ago I did a lot of club miles on it and still find that I cover my evening training rout quicker on it, than on my Sabbath Silk road,can't explain that at all, maybe the riding position .
Glad you got in touch .

Re:

Hello all... just reviving an old thread as I've just bought a Harry Hall, with frame number 920 stamped into the bottom bracket. Guessing it's from the 70s from the kit on it, the Reynolds decal, and the numbers on the other frames mentioned here. Googling for as much information as I can but (possibly obviously) it turns out the best information is right here on Retrobike.

Here's the thread with the details of the bike I've bought, if anyone's curious...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=351103&p=2618273#p2618273

Cheers,
Drew

Back