1986/87 Harry Hall Reynolds 653 Road Bike

robtims

Retro Newbie
15B5433F-2E79-4A8F-922A-14D2AFF424E6.jpeg

Here is my 1986/87 Harry Hall road bike that I raced in my early 20’s. Finally retrieved from the loft during lockdown after 30 years and completely stripped and rebuilt. The only things updated were to replace the GP4 rims with NOS G40s (and some modern tyres) and to put back the original Super Record brake levers which I had replaced with some C Record aero levers.

It’s one of the first 653 frames built. I remember walking in to see Harry looking for a new frame to be shown Reynolds replacement for 531 Pro.

Frame number is 6534. Any ideas who may have build it as I know Harry used a number of frame builders from the region.

Nice looking machine just change the color of the water bottles…. & get some pedals 😂

View attachment 611410

Here is my 1986/87 Harry Hall road bike that I raced in my early 20’s. Finally retrieved from the loft during lockdown after 30 years and completely stripped and rebuilt. The only things updated were to replace the GP4 rims with NOS G40s (and some modern tyres) and to put back the original Super Record brake levers which I had replaced with some C Record aero levers.

It’s one of the first 653 frames built. I remember walking in to see Harry looking for a new frame to be shown Reynolds replacement for 531 Pro.

Frame number is 6534. Any ideas who may have build it as I know Harry used a number of frame builders from the region.
they made some great bikes, and yours is a beauty - went into shop around that time a few times. Settled on Pete Matthews

View attachment 611410

I got my bikes off Pete Matthews then Graham weigh. But went to Harrys shop a few times, some beautiful machines with excellent lug work, who built them was an excellent master frame-builder - what a machine that is now. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back