hardrock seatpost

colinbow

Retro Guru
Can someone kindly confirm whether 26.0 or 26.2 please. I bought bike late 80s early 90s I" quill stem.Thanks Colin

My 1994 model takes 26.0 but, if I remember a previous discussion correctly, it could be either 26.0 or 26.2 depending on the model and the year. If you get 26.0 and it's too small, at least you could use a shim to hold it in place.

Thanks makes sense the model is a green Pine Mountain
Pine Mountain is a different bike, are you describing the color of your Hardrock? I believe I was part of the mystery mentioned by CassidyAce above. IMG_20231009_075945719.jpg My dark green HardrockFS (94ish?) came with a 26.3 mm post when I bought it back in 94 but I don't know if it's original. As you can see from the scoring on the post, it has always been a tight fit

Yes the colour is green. I have ordered a 26.0 post so may need a shim. Can you buy these or is it cutting up a coke can? Colin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back