Shoulder carry attachment for retro frames?

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I seem to remember in the late 80s or early 90s there was a type of triangular frame bag that attached to the top and seat tube, which had a curved pad that you could use to shoulder-carry the bike as well. Does the shoulder carrying accessory still exist, and can anyone recommend a brand? I don't even know what the thing is called, to be able to begin to get useful search results on this.

I think Cosmic Trail made one BITD, I may have had a neon one on my bike…..

indeed
Cosmic Polster Set Munich Sports Gewinn aus Bike 3 1989.jpg

just to give you an bit like an overdose of it, Bikes looked like this in the 90ties 😜
Cosmic Trail Polster Munich Sports Ad aus Bike 2 1989.jpg

But there had been also more modesty looking shoulder straps too.
Some bikes came by default with shoulder strap or even small triangle bag (like Panasonic Mountain Cat).

If I'm remembering right there was also a model which had even some kind of push buttons or similar for mounting them easily. Anyone, any memories about this one?

Last edited:
Hi, just wanted to share a pic where a shoulder strap is shown which seem to be push bottom mounted, at least on seat tube side.
Or is the bottle cage mount used?

Jamis Dakota aus Bike 4 1989.jpg

indeed
View attachment 733942

just to give you an bit like an overdose of it, Bikes looked like this in the 90ties 😜
View attachment 733943

But there had been also more modesty looking shoulder straps too.
Some bikes came by default with shoulder strap or even small triangle bag (like Panasonic Mountain Cat).

If I'm remembering right there was also a model which had even some kind of push buttons or similar for mounting them easily. Anyone, any memories about this one?

The cosmic one is on a bike I just got hold of. Mines not pink anymore though. Would really like to restore it but don’t know if possible.

IMG_7112.jpeg

Back