Had my head turned by a pretty new bike...

Full Suss

I still do not think a decent suspension system has yet been perfected for general trail riding, if this were the case, how come there are so many differing designs and why do manufacturers keep changing the designs so often? Yes for DH and the DH/Freeride bits big suss is the King, but this only represents a small percentage of a ride an a light nice handling bike will always be the most enjoyable to ride.
There are more top end hard tails coming out at the mo than full suss designs, this says an awful lot about things. I have had many full suss bikes over the years, but always prefer and come back to a HT.

I only ride retro because I'm broke in the first place, though I admit I've grown somewhat fond of the way my lurid M2 Stump stands out from the crowds of black-on-black-on-black Cubes, Focii and even its modern Specialized brethren you find on the trails on any given sunday.

Plus, you pass someone and you're mentally all ON A CREAKY 13 YEAR OLD MID-END BIKE NO LESS! and when you get dropped you can go MAN GOOD JOB YOU JUST BEAT A $200 MTB ON YOUR PRISTINE TREK TOP FUEL.

Honestly I'd kill for a Commencal. That's not an exaggeration, that's an offer.

Back