gutted (pride and joy gti content)

gibbleking":1uhs9n2w said:
740 turbo di 280 000 before she shuffled off this moral coil..present one sitting at 180 000 and not a dickies problem yet..v70s rule
My S70 was fine (engine and gearbox) at around 270k miles, I only got rid, really, because I was sick and tired of a road debris induced issue with the rear suspension and ABS.

Engine seemed perfect, though, as did the gearbox (4 speed auto, Aisin Warner). I did around 190k miles in it (had 80 on the clock when I bought it), and on balance it was the best all-round car I've had.

And the I5 engine has the most interesting and entertaining engine noise this side of a real engine (V12).

If you have any maladies with the ABS unit - don't despair - tends to be dry joints, and there's ECU refurbishers online, that will do it very reasonably on an exchange basis.

Loved my Volvo. Really regretting getting rid of it, it was perfect in every sense. Fantastic engine which made a lovely noise - V70 with diesel D5 engine - 205bhp & 425 ft lb torque. Only down side was the slightly thirsty drinking habits.

try the 2.5 petrol version..its like filling the exxon valdise and then just pouring it down the drain...good job i get my milage paid...

My car had been off the road for over a year, finally got it back, a week later...
*EDIT from a few years ago.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Latest posts

Back