Guisborough woods?

eldridge

Old School Hero
After seeing lots of great looking clips on youtube of Guisborough woods/forest going to go take a look this weekend

Anyone familiar with it and any suggestions on best place to park? Looks like there's two car parks on Trailforks app i.e. which is better for access to trails

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

Re:

Hi eldridge

I suppose I'd better chipin as this is my local,

If you want services (toilets/cafe/bike wash) then PVC (pinchinthorpe visitor centre) is for you, there is a small parking charge.

If you don't care about the above, then Hutton village at the side of the road.

It's still abit wet up there at the moment but drying more everyday (the trails are natural not armoured)

Have you some way to find the trails?

You also have to be quite fit to get the best out of it as its either UP or DOWN (it a steep sided forest)

Here's a link to PVC..... https://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/visit ... nd-walkway

Here's a link to Hutton ..... https://goo.gl/maps/oP3CXGBuTv92

Hope this is some help,

cheers kaya

Re:

I used to get into the woods ftom the Hutton village Road side, if you have the Trail forks App on your phone then that will help guide you to some of the trails, but you'll find there's lots more that aren't shown on the app. I was forever finding new stuff every ride.

As Kaya says it's basically one steep sided hill, you can traverse around the hill on the forest roads easily enough, be prepared for a fair bit of ascent/descent on a relatively short ride :D

Re:

Brill thank you both, yes I've seen a lot of the lines on Trailforks so will use that to try find the routes, Screwball scramble and Nomad look awesome

Thankyou very much for the info guys!

Re: Re:

eldridge":1p8rh0pi said:
Brill thank you both, yes I've seen a lot of the lines on Trailforks so will use that to try find the routes, Screwball scramble and Nomad look awesome

Thankyou very much for the info guys!

Enjoy its a cool place to ride :cool:

Re:

Well just got back from an afternoon here, thanks for tips re parking as the visitor centre was full so went to Hutton, found it a bit harder to find the trails than expected but pretty sure we rode 'Stripes'? (big scary drop off in it!)

And some others but can't place them

Have vowed to return and try map them all out on an OS map

Thanks again folks!

Hope to join you on a RB ride soon when work/family allows

I am in the process of relocating to loftus which isn’t a million miles away. Any recommendations chaps.

The History Man":1zk7d1gf said:
I am in the process of relocating to loftus which isn’t a million miles away. Any recommendations chaps.

Yeah, make sure you have good door locks, you're only a stone's throw from Kaya there :LOL:

Just kidding :LOL: there's some nice riding around there, your near the edge of the North York Moors. I've not lived in Redcar for a few years now, but my local woods for riding were Errington Woods around New Marske and Upleatham.

Kaya and some of the other locals will be able to show you the best places to ride around there I'm sure :)

The History Man":2cg8jhcr said:

Give us a shout when your settled, an jims right lock ya doors :LOL:

eldridge":2cg8jhcr said:
Well just got back from an afternoon here, thanks for tips re parking as the visitor centre was full so went to Hutton, found it a bit harder to find the trails than expected but pretty sure we rode 'Stripes'? (big scary drop off in it!)

And some others but can't place them

Have vowed to return and try map them all out on an OS map

Thanks again folks!

Hope to join you on a RB ride soon when work/family allows

Next time your over give us a shout an if I'm free I'll show you round some of the trails I know :cool:

Back