GT Xizang

must follow, as I'm expecting lots of cool pictures and a great end result!

Thanks all for your suggestions :D

I suppose that is a 96 model Xizang, could also be 97, I'm unfortunately not a GT expert. I can only say it is extremely light :cool:

@Nick,
The loop on the rear is used for cable stop for U-Brake or Cantilevers.

xizang02.jpg

xizang03.jpg

I know how I build it

Powerlite forks
CK (b&w) headset
XTR M900 parts
Syncros stem

Dear Mr N Alizadeh

I feel I must raise my concerns regarding one of the photographs you've just posted,

I'm not sure if :-

A: I should be impressed that you've taken a picture so dam sharp we can see your finger prints all over the top tube :LOL:

B: Disgusted in so much as your attention to detail appears to be slipping :|

C: All of the above, plus pissed off that its not my Frame and non of my photo's come close to yours ;)

Safe to say most people will forgive you for having sweaty paws over this GT :LOL:

Herzliche Grüße

Mr Potato Head ...aka Spud©

Attachments

• xizang02.jpg
    xizang02.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 457
Dear Mr Potato Head
ok at the next photo shoot I will remember, one should always touch it with gloves :D

Wish my Zaskar had the horse brace/gusset, that is well fancy!

Bet you have to be carefull of the head when landing hard!

Wouldnt it be better suited to m950 instead? and of course more age appropriate, Rahbari's GTX above is a few years earlier than yours... Plus you wont be able to run cantis on your frame anyway so you may as well get some m950 v's as part of the matching xtr groupset. Thats what id have anyway

Sean

kingroon":1lhhqs1l said:
Retro Spud":1lhhqs1l said:
Okay you GT aficionados whats the loop on the rear of seat tube used for ?

Used for cable stop when using Cantilevers [instead of Vs]..

SEANSTEPHENS":1lhhqs1l said:
Wouldnt it be better suited to m950 instead? ... Plus you wont be able to run cantis on your frame anyway so you may as well get some m950 v's as part of the matching xtr groupset. Thats what id have anyway
Sean

Keep up Buddy .....that bridge has already been crossed on pg1, and besides I want to see that loop being used !

I still think its a loop used by those who build garage Queens to hang them up :D

Spud™© :D

Attachments

• What the f xizang01.jpg
    What the f xizang01.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 402
SEANSTEPHENS":1i8mqg9q said:
Wouldnt it be better suited to m950 instead? and of course more age appropriate, Rahbari's GTX above is a few years earlier than yours... Plus you wont be able to run cantis on your frame anyway so you may as well get some m950 v's as part of the matching xtr groupset. Thats what id have anyway

Sean
Actually you're right, the M950 group would be optimal for this model, but I've got in my drawers some nice M900 parts that I would like to use :cool:

xizang04.jpg

Back