GT Team RTS (modern rig) - and RTS-1 (retro rig)

Cheers, the plan is to ad the SIDs to avoid the use of modern forks, and with a wapping 63mm travel, they should do the trick. Just awaiting some decals for the forks, as the previous owner badged them up as race titaniums, and they clearly aren't.

Memories returning i want one too

That is a beautiful rts man.

I could only afford an avalanche back in 94 and xlearly remember the GT catalogue with the Team Rts and the Spin wheels and could only dream.

I have a question.

Does GT have any new old stock, i would like to own a GT Team rts
or rts 1 2 or 3, Where else can i look for one, i need a XXL size like my avalanche was.

Or any later stock models perhaps for an affordable price.

I'm not sure whether gt will have anything, though have not asked. I got lucky and came across my frame on eBay, being sold by bend cycles in the states. Might be worth asking them if they have anything else covered in dust?

Good luck.

Ian

Nice

Both of your RTS's look very nice.You have tailored both bikes to your tastes,all the modern upgrades look good on the bikes. I do agree with Lewis to apoint as in the spins would look better on one of my bikes ;) ,no they go very well on the the black one.

You'd better get that seat post further down the seat tube on the black RTS-1 or you are going to crack the seat tube at the top tube weld....have seen it done a number of times. Get the end of the post below the bottom weld line or else.

Cheers for the advice, though that post is actually huge so is below the weld line. I also don't ride it so am unlikely to do it much damage.

Ian

Thanks, i e-mailed GT, will see what they say or look around on ebay,
not easy to find these bikes. :cry:

Re: Memories returning i want one too

Axefly":320z07eb said:
I have a question. Does GT have any new old stock, i would like to own a GT Team rts or rts 1 2 or 3, Where else can i look for one, i need a XXL size like my avalanche was. Or any later stock models perhaps for an affordable price.

You'll need to check the classifieds or eBay to find one because GT has been bought and sold three times since you bought your 94 Avalanche. You'll be looking for a 20" c-c as that's the largest size frame they made in their full suspension models back then.

Back