GT RTS All Terra Mountain Bike with Girvin Vector Forks

Now thats what a RTS should look like, No offence sheep but a great improvment would be to lose all the add-ons on yours!! :D Its a classic !!

That's an ODS shock & while it's pretty basic, it will be fine with a spring.

I'd pick Vectors over Mags any day of the week, but not on an RTS! Sell them on and the swap won't cost you anything.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Why do Mag21s look better on a RTS?

There are practical reasons why all those accessories have been attached, for the purposes of cycling to work. The bike lock will be required to prevent it from being stolen, it is mounted to the frame so that I don't forget it. The bike lights and crud catchers are really for the Winter when it gets dark earlier and when the weather turns I don't want to turn up to work covered in muddy water. For when I'm feeling thirsty I will need my bottle holder.

Besides, most of these things are useful whilst out cross-country.

How much would you sell vector forks for?

Aaaahh but Sheep you are missing the point ... You are on Retrobike now... Within a month you will have at least another 3 bikes 10 wheels a garage full of parts.. and a hack bike for work that will keep that RTS polished up for special trips ;) :D

Think we may be missing a point, SD what exactly is it your wanting the bike for? Alot of the answers are from our POV about restoring and collecting and riding old bikes and buying bits of old kit to improve the performance and looks. For a work bike most( but not all :LOL: ) buy an old unloved and unattractive bike that it doesn't matter if it gets too dirty , is unappealing to the thief, and won't break our banks or hearts if it goes amiss.

kaiser":1eq9471h said:
Think we may be missing a point, SD what exactly is it your wanting the bike for? Alot of the answers are from our POV about restoring and collecting and riding old bikes and buying bits of old kit to improve the performance and looks. For a work bike most( but not all :LOL: ) buy an old unloved and unattractive bike that it doesn't matter if it gets too dirty , is unappealing to the thief, and won't break our banks or hearts if it goes amiss.

Good point K

The RTS really isn't the best 'work bike' tool IMO......

If it were mine, and go down the restoration route and buy a £50 'hack' for work duties rather the weigh down the RTS with lights, lock, mud guards etc.

Sheepdisease":1dyn7ry8 said:
It will be used for work during the week and various others things during the weekend.

What like? towpath stuff, full offroad, racing? I would say the RTS is suited to the restoration route to be used for xc mtb'ing. The polished frame is not the easiest to keep looking good if used daily and the shiny shiny appeals to the bike thief. Also the full suspension design requires maintenance and also appeals to the tea leafs. If your weekend stuff is limited to the less extreme side of things maybe the RTS isn't for you and a rigid or hardtail would be more practical as well as easier and cheaper maintained.

Back