Sold Gt Quatrefoil tandem - 26” wheels - £200 (swap?)

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
Hi, I’m thinking of moving on my GT tandem - I’ll be sad to see it go but it does take up a lot of room. Thought I’d put it up here and see if anyone fancies it? Some pictures:
IMG_3330.jpeg IMG_3331.jpeg IMG_3332.jpeg
When I get a chance I’ll update with measurements and specs etc.. I do have the rigid forks too.
I’d like £300 for it - and it would need to be collected from me in Bedfordshire, shoot me a message or post in this thread with any questions.
Thanks.

Still for sale, back closer to how it was when I got it with 1.75” Panaracer Pasela tyres and rigid forks:
IMG_3644.jpeg IMG_3645.jpeg IMG_3646.jpeg
Sizes are 18.5” c/c pilot and 15.5” stoker. I’ve had my fun with it - space needed now. £200 is just under what I paid or would swap for components, frames, why? Anything considered if it takes up less space than this!
Thanks.

That thing is awesome, if it's steel you could build a monster haul bicycle from that.
Use the back end to weld a huge transport baskets / or platforms on either side with large aluminum cases on them.

free bump too.

That thing is awesome, if it's steel you could build a monster haul bicycle from that.
Use the back end to weld a huge transport baskets / or platforms on either side with large aluminum cases on them.

free bump too.
You could.. but it’d be a shame to ruin it really. It’s served us well and has already sold to a work colleague whose niece lacks confidence on two wheels. Hopefully she’ll enjoy being on the back of this and feel ready to cycle by herself after a while.

Great tandem bike! I have the same one with a rigid fork. Did you swap yours to V-brake yourself? Mine (and I assume this one) has 700c wheels which I've fitted 650b tyre to without any problems. If the V-brakes work without any headaches I'll do the same upgrade this spring. Thanks!

Here's mine, before I fitted the 650b gravel kings. The U-Brake offers little in stopping power!

Attachments

• Tandem.jpg
    Tandem.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 7
Here's mine, before I fitted the 650b gravel kings. The U-Brake offers little in stopping power!
Very nice, mines actually a 26” wheeled version so v-brakes were an easy upgrade.
I’d imagine there must be v’s that will fit yours on the market though, definitely worth seeking out.

Back