GT Lightning frame UK

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You know what I prefer the lightning, I would bet that only the best welders built them and whether Taiwanese or American they could all be craftsmen. If an 18" comes up sometime I might have a punt.

Carl

drcarlos":2dz4bba6 said:
You know what I prefer the lightning, I would bet that only the best welders built them and whether Taiwanese or American they could all be craftsmen. If an 18" comes up sometime I might have a punt.

Carl

Given both the Xizang an Lightning are designed by GT's engineers, the difference is all down to the welder's skill; is there any "frame builder" input.
The best ti welders in the US are up in the North West, building jumbo planes .
They don't build planes in Taiwan...

Re:

After 17 years being ridden, what i do know about the integrity of the welds on my Lightening is they're still perfect. I don't know which of GT Ti welders work in the aerospace industry though, maybe they employ Taiwanese welders ?

suburbanreuben":140xdf2a said:
drcarlos":140xdf2a said:

Carl

Given both the Xizang an Lightning are designed by GT's engineers, the difference is all down to the welder's skill; is there any "frame builder" input.
The best ti welders in the US are up in the North West, building jumbo planes .
They don't build planes in Taiwan...

Why can't Asians build planes, is there some sort of rule?
I think if you check you will also see that aircraft parts are manufactured in Taiwan, aidc have contracts for both Boeing and alenia.

Carl.

Back