GT Lightening

I agree. It was purchased for the frame to upgrade, just the originality someone may find interesting.

TjD101":368csjpn said:
I agree. It was purchased for the frame to upgrade, just the originality someone may find interesting.
fair enough, its always wprth a punt before you break it up. However When the frame is so much better than the parts, i think the chances of finding that person is fairly slim

Sean :)

Ok mind made up. But it be the wrong page to post for information. Going to keep the bike if you had purchased a lightning frame what components and forks would you run to make a road training mean machine.

TjD101":1ab7afih said:
Ok mind made up. But it be the wrong page to post for information. Going to keep the bike if you had purchased a lightning frame what components and forks would you run to make a road training mean machine.
id run rockshox sid and full xtr m950. thats enirely preference though but that should keep the weight under 22ibs i would imagine

Sean that's spot on how much do you think that group set and forks would cost? May be as well just buying a new bike and let this one lay in bed for another 17 years!

TjD101":34t32cqg said:
Sean that's spot on how much do you think that group set and forks would cost? May be as well just buying a new bike and let this one lay in bed for another 17 years!
im not really sure how much the xtr groupset is worth, you'll have to rummage through the fprum and see what you can find. The forks though were mine, i sold them for £155. But thats because they were practically unused, you can get a cheaper 2nd hand pair

Sean

Back