GT Karakoram Elite

toomuchmustard

Retro Newbie
Hi,
First time here and looking for some advice on this bike. What do you think would be a good price to purchase this bike?
I really like the look of these GT frames and everything seems in good condition.
The bike is up for £250. Is this a fair price?
Really appreciate any feedback!

Thanks GT.jpg GT1.jpg GT2.jpg GT3.jpg GT4.jpg

That's in great nick. Looks almost entirely original. £250 in today's market isn't too bad. Offer them £200 and see if he/she bites and they might at worst meet you halfway.

If it's the right size, colour, model, year etc. then it's a bike that will last a long time and can be used for almost anything so £250 isn't crazy money. There will be plenty of people on here who would have picked something like this for around £100 a few years ago, but those days have not entirely gone, but the bikes are now few & far between.

What's missing from what I can see is:
GT toeclips & straps
OEM GT AMÉ Antomical grips - looks like they have one piece grips & barends?

The rest looks great. Original Ritchey Megabite tyres, uncut bars, original saddle. You might even have the original inner tubes in there!!! The owner might have the toeclips & straps & grips squirrelled away somewhere perhaps so ask them about those items.

:cool: 👍

That's in great nick. Looks almost entirely original. £250 in today's market isn't too bad. Offer them £200 and see if he/she bites and they might at worst meet you halfway.

If it's the right size, colour, model, year etc. then it's a bike that will last a long time and can be used for almost anything so £250 isn't crazy money. There will be plenty of people on here who would have picked something like this for around £100 a few years ago, but those days have not entirely gone, but the bikes are now few & far between.

What's missing from what I can see is:
GT toeclips & straps
OEM GT AMÉ Antomical grips - looks like they have one piece grips & barends?

The rest looks great. Original Ritchey Megabite tyres, uncut bars, original saddle. You might even have the original inner tubes in there!!! The owner might have the toeclips & straps & grips squirrelled away somewhere perhaps so ask them about those items.

:cool: 👍
Thanks for such a detailed reply!

Back