GT CATALOGUE 1999 - Does anyone have one??

Fam Allen

Retro Guru
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Does anyone have a GT 1999 MTB catalogue?

Just picked up a 99 Zaskar and would be great to see it’s full original spec.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I do not have a catalogue, but you can go online for best results i understand if the internet isn’t more reliable than it written on paper. Go to bicycle bluebook or know your bike for best results (in my opinion) these were the best resources I could find for your bike

Best wishes👍

They varied slightly depending on which region they were sold into.

1999 was the last of the USA made ones and unfortunately they weren’t quite as nicely spec’d as prior years with LX parts making an appearance rather being full XT. Even the LE had only XT cranks unless it was the team version in white which had XTR.

What colour is yours? As from memory they only did BB and HOT colours and then on the LE cosmic sunrise and Team.

They varied slightly depending on which region they were sold into.

1999 was the last of the USA made ones and unfortunately they weren’t quite as nicely spec’d as prior years with LX parts making an appearance rather being full XT. Even the LE had only XT cranks unless it was the team version in white which had XTR.

What colour is yours? As from memory they only did BB and HOT colours and then on the LE cosmic sunrise and Team.
Thanks @d8mok . Mine’s a BB one. Dated June ‘98.

I do not have a catalogue, but you can go online for best results i understand if the internet isn’t more reliable than it written on paper. Go to bicycle bluebook or know your bike for best results (in my opinion) these were the best resources I could find for your bike

Best wishes👍
Thanks @Mod-Master . There is something nice/satisfying about having the catalogue, but you’re right I should be able to track down spec somewhere. Will have a Google and find those sites today.

Yes that’s for sure as I’ve had it confirmed by someone who worked at GT in the 90’s

I’ve got a frame which is 09/96 build and serial 0006 so this confirms his comments as it’s one of the first for the 97MY.

Back