Groves, FATs and more

Ok, I heard back from these guys...kinda.

Let's just say I'm not impressed. For a site that brags they have the fastest responces on the internet they were quite slow and incomplete in their information :( .

I asked for sizes of each frame and price. I got...

Chris Chance road frame;

The frame and fork set are going for $1,500
We just sold an equivalent Waterford without the nice fork that this one has for $2,700 frame and fork alone, and the chance is full of historical value and displays workmanchip of the finest degree that few, if any, frames can match today.

This one is like new, only showing that theere were perts on it at one time

Larry
American Bicycle Classics
-----------------------------

Basso Ascot;

There are two of the Ascots - one was built and slightly ridden and shows the marks where the parts were and some smudges here and there. That one is $1275
Other one is a bit bigger, brand new never built, $1800.
You probably know about the interesting no-two-puieces-alike tubing on these, very rare.

Grove Amp frame;

1011 is the Grove suspension, new, $1350 with fork

Trimble and Grove Assault;

The Trimble is used and the grove is brand new and original from the period, and those are up for trade

This guy did not reply on the Fat and the Specialized Epic...sorry guys. Scant, did you have any luck :?:

Larry runs the place more like a museem than a shop. Doesnt really wanna sell the spesky ultimate, tho would consider a v.rare/ interesting swap.

santana mtb frame, wants $2K!

ah well, nice to know they're all there if you ever win the lottery ;)

Seems like a good guy who has a nice inventory of classics. Price can be high when you don't NEED to sell them ;)

I offered up a custom frame in exchange for the Assault, we'll see what happens :)

keep it groovy,

rody

I know Cook Bros stems are rare... But I couldnt see Larry swapping the entire spesky ultimate for my stem :( ........ ;)

firstflightbikes, cycleshark, 123bikes.. I bet theres loads of other retro bike shop collecters out there :)

Back