Greg Lemond Frame identification

Heres a couple of old shots of mine, from a few years ago now. Same fork, the GL on the forks is just for 'Greg Lemond'.

Jamie

Re:

that looks like a nicely made frame - now all you have to do is respray it in a decent colour scheme - the lemond ones were pretty rank but typical for the early 90s!

:shock:

Its a really nicely built Bilato frame, but the paint was pretty ininspiring, GAN or not. At least the original poster has a blank canvas, which is pretty cool, the originality is gone so its open house.
This was unfortunately too big for me so was moved on to a fellow retrobike member.

Jamie

Re:

It has been some time since I posted a reply in this thread, but I have finished removating the Lemond frame.
I had the front forks and rear triangle chromed at http://dougtaylor.co.uk/home/1265111 and I am very pleased with the results.
The next job was deciding on the colour, I am a sucker for red and as this was the frames original colour, I have had it finished in a gold base coat with candy apple red lacquer coat and a finial clear coat to protect the decals. I used a local custom motorcycle frame restorer in Plymouth, http://www.artattackdesign.co.uk/about%20us.html and what a great job he has done.
Luckily, after a long wait, I found some original decals ( his last set) in the USA and purchased them from Ed Litton, a custom frame builder and painter, who was involved with the original Breezer MTB.
Well here she is, a custom Lemond, unfortunately the camera has not captured the finish, and the gold base coat reflecting under the red lacquer.
It’s a bit like the cobblers shoes, I will get around to building her up one day, I have a an Original Chorus ( C Record era) that has been assigned to this build.

Attachments

• GL1.jpg
    GL1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 512
  • GL5.jpg
    GL5.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 512
  • GL2.jpg
    GL2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 512
  • GL3.jpg
    GL3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 512
  • GL4.jpg
    GL4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 513
Looks superb!
Great choice of colour and chroming.
When you do build it remember to let us see it ;)
All the best
Jamie

Re:

that's a stunning paint job!! can i ask how long they took and how much they charged you? my old merckx has been begging for a respray lately!

:cool:

Back