Got some grips now what ? ....... Proflex content

cce":6t3hxa21 said:
proflex did a girvin in that yellow at one point....

I'm really split on getting some Girvins now I've got the Proflex frame. I know they're what should be on there and I think they look interesting but I want to build this bike now for fun and as a bit of a freeride machine so have got it in my head it has to have discs and correct me if I'm wrong but Girvins aren't disc compatable in any shape or form are they ?

Loving the Proflex as I had one waaaaaay long ago when I started MTB in the early 90's - think it was a 552 ? in the same blue that this one is. The frame is a bit chipped and scratched so contemplating a respray which opens up a world of possibilities for loud colours ! For now though I want to get her put together as this will be my winter mud plugger - can't get the Merlin dirty :roll:

cce":20z0e20a said:
i've been busy getting my merlin dirty ;)

just read your build thread and that looks a lovely bike. mine is the mountain rather than xlm but totally agree they really are something special. i've gone down a different path with mine and unfortunately didn't document the build but she'll be finally ready to ride hopefully this week once the innertubes arrive despite getting the frame about 6 months ago ! :roll:
i'll post up a thread ready to receive the "what have you done to that poor bike!" comments. :shock:
noticed you also are collecting frame serial nos so will add mine to your list tonight.

Back