Gold Avalanche

Re:

You ever build this up? Be interested to see. I have the same bike (it is '98 btw) only ever seen one other in that colour, only reason I bought it was because it was old stock at the time and about half price, I went for the Zasker but couldn't afford it back then! Can't say gold would've been my first choice tbh though!
Thing is the bike has always been excellent, many times wanted to upgrade/have a change etc but these things rock for what I use em for, fast as, light (with rigid forks anyway) and strong as fook! Never found anything that I thought was much better for what I use it for (mainly city stomping over the years but do trails these days as out in the sticks now and it's still as good).
Nice find :D

Re:

Yeah the bike is finished - been all over the place got some nice SIDs off ebay that had been in a loft and were unused!

Will take some pictures tonight - truly a lovely stiff ride.

Thanks for your interest

Ross

Re:

Cool, yeah I'd be interested to see what you've done to it. Only reason I found this thread was because I'm currently doing some upgrades, had rigids all this time and managed to get some old Marzocchi's for it as more off road than on now. Few other bits I'm wondering about doing too so may nick a few ideas!
Cheers

Re:

I hate gaudy purple and green ano

+1

Given that the frame is already about as "blingy" as you can get, I reckon a full compliment of black components will look really nice. The more black, the better, the last thing it needs is a "bomb in a paint factory" selection of multi coloured anodised components, with brightly coloured grips, saddle, tyres, brake and gear cables.

NO!

energy-park1.jpg

Back