Going sober for October

Going sober for a month is not going to change much. If you are drinking a couple of beers every night you will feel better in the mornings though!

Nothing in nutrition or excercise is good if you take it to extremes. So I don't believe in stopping anything full-stop if you enjoy it.

Saying that, beer makes me boorish, so I don't drink it much. Running a brewing shop for a while made it much easier to stop as I saw what I could become. I definitely wouldn't like to turn out like some of my old customers.

Re:

Drink less, drink better is my motto.
A glass of good (not supermarket shite) red with a meal is actually healthier than not drinking at all.
I never touch beer and hardly any spirits.

Last time i drank alcohol was new years eve 1994. Maybe that's not the correct mind set for a retro website but today i'm feeling much better than i did back in the days. :D

Re:

There's a surprising (to me) number of non drinkers here... maybe it's just that we secretly like to feel slightly superior about it :)

I must admit that, as with smoking, I don't really see the appeal - taste, smell, after effects, cost, addiction risk - not for me.

Having said that, the smell emanating from the several whisky bonds I pass on most of my cycles is (unlike the finished product) quite nice and often gives me a bit of a boost!

Re:

Not sure I feel superior for not having had a drink in over a decade, also having never tried smoking. Just see it as unnecessary expense for something that would do me harm .. Also why i dont have tatoos. Having said that, I am a biscuit monster! :oops:
Maybe I should give those up for a month!

Mike

Re:

Who you calling fat? ;)

All I want to do is cut out those unnecessary calories which I tend to consume at a bad time of day. It's not that I have a drinking problem or anything like that. There is one hurdle half-way through October, we are going away for a few days without our son, so the mrs has planned a couple of nights out.

dyna-ti":1dns968o said:
10-20 sit ups every morning and in 6 months that fatty tummy will be more or less gone.

I do 60 and a few stretches . . . . When I can motivate myself at 5.30am. But that's to try and relieve back pain. It doesn't though :(
Seems to come and go regardless.

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3dxpzzbq said:
Not sure I feel superior for not having had a drink in over a decade, also having never tried smoking. Just see it as unnecessary expense for something that would do me harm .. Also why i dont have tatoos. Having said that, I am a biscuit monster! :oops: Maybe I should give those up for a month!

Mike

Biscuit monster?? Is that the UK counterpart of this chap?

Cookie_monster.jpg

:)

David

Latest posts

Back