Gios Torino advice

hang on a minute, this is all I have said

I'm pretty sure this is a pre 77 frame as the seller was a big bike geek & I don't think he would have sold me a duff.

there is nothing in there at all that could be taken by you or anyone to meaning I thought there was something wrong, I did call you a geek so sorry about that, but it was meant positively, as in you know a lot about vintage bikes & equipment

not sure where you think I ever asked if it was original, I did not.

All I asked about was preferences for a groupset that wasn't super record

Re:

Come on that’s a bit strong. I don’t read that in any of the posts. It was component advice that the OP was after.
When people overreact like you are doing, it kills the thread stone dead

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine .

If I don’t like the way the OP has acted , then I will say so

If you don’t like that , then please have the Moderators delete them .

Rippers":2zbujqml said:

I’ll do what everyone else does, when a thread goes south, disengage from the thread.

Over and out :roll:

Rippers":ulkgjwrg said:

Like you, I came here looking for advice, I've been on retrobike for 10 years, though not a great poster, more of a lurker. I do though respect the opinions and knowledge of the people on here, hence the reason for the thread advice on which components to build the bike with.

Rippers, I think you are reading a lot more into this than is seen by anyone else.
As mentioned before, ourmanflint seems really happy with it and hasn't said anything negative about the seller (yourself), or the purchase at all. So definitely no need to come steaming in all offended. That's the sort of thing that will kill the thread as it stands.
I for one appreciate the info from your sale thread as it shows why it is as it is, and adds to the frames story. It just maybe could be done with a bit less defense.
The OP has posted nothing but nice words about the frame and is clearly enthusiastic about getting it built up, I'm sure if he was unhappy you would have heard from him earlier.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back