Giant Hunter

Unlikelybiker

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, my first post here. I was inspired by the bike2work scheme to get a bike, but its been afew years since I've been on one so didn't fancy paying out for a new one, but even the second hand market seemed expensive. My local tip has a handy shop, and they often have afew bikes there, usually kids bikes, shoppers, bmxs and plenty with bits missing or generally knackered. At the back of the pile I noticed this, a Giant Hunter. Pulled it out, looked to be in good condition but needed a service and missing it's pedals, they wanted £15 so I bought it.
This is when I got it home
20220917_135841.jpg

This was after a clean and service

20220919_091819.jpg
it doesn't look to have had much use, it's got what I assume to be original Giant tyres on with very little wear, rims also have next to no wear, and it rides like a new bike. when I looked it over I found the rear gear selector jammed, turns out the cable had frayed so I removed one strand of cable and all is good. Next ebay got me a matching bottle holder. 20220923_193252.jpg and some decent pedals. Not ebay, got these off my uncle 20220926_191522.jpg and looked through my stash of bits for some fancy valve caps 20220926_191811.jpg and finally removed all the 'old man' bits as my lodger called them. 20221002_180959.jpg I've always been a fan of all things old so it's been nice to have something like this to tinker with. It's not an amazing machine but it's really nicely made, I knew nothing about the brand when I bought it but it's silly little things like quality nuts and bolts that I noticed. Would any of you knowledge folk out there be able to tell me anything about it, what year it is etc? I've ridden it afew time but I'm equally enjoying faffing about with it. Cheers all!

The derailleur cable will probably keep up a while. If it was a brake cable, better to replace it!

Nice simple bike. Couldn't tell you much about it, though

Latest posts

Back