Giant CADEX rebuilds

One in a million

I ride a '94 CFM 3, probably one of the better paint jobs done in the cadex range, but this is example is head and shoulders above anything else I've seen. A truly beautiful finish. I wish I had the patience and the time to replicate what you've done here.

You've done an amazing job with that reetegoed, good work!

I've got a 1991 CFM 3 that I am planning on making some horizontal dropouts for so I can ride single speed without a chain tensioner. I've got my eye on some 6mm 6082 Ali plate. Have you had any problems with your new drop outs Epicdisc? Any good reason why I shouldn't do this?

Many thanks!

Re-build

Hello guys, I think you might help me.

I'm rebuilding my CADEX CFM 2 as what originally was made. The thing is that I'm having a dificult time to get some pieces, such as the hubs, and cassette.

Could you pin-point me in any direction?

Thanks in advance.

This site should be a good place to start. Place a wanted ad on the wanted forum, or search the for sale one for the bits you are after. If you can't find it here, I think you will struggle to find it anywhere.

Ian

bottom bracket spindle length

Hi!

I wanna buy a bottom bracket for my Cadex, but I don't know wich to buy.
I know that I need one, wich is good for the 73mm shell size, but what about with the spindle lenght? Is the one with 113mm a good choice?

Spindle length generally depends on the crank you are using. I think if you apple sheldon brown, you will find on his site a list of cranks and the appropriate bb size.

Re:

Some didn't like the looks of my cadex :mrgreen:
I like singlespeeds so i gave it another try.
Manufactered the drop outs and spanners.
Some other parts for more comfort and there you go:

p5pb13660090.jpg

p5pb13660091.jpg

p5pb13660089.jpg

im trying to keep mine close to original but I don't have the rigid fork, and still looking for a front m900 hub and a wienmann bcx3 rim and m900 brake/shifters to fimish it up........

Attachments

• 1992 Giant CFM-1 (800x600).jpg
    1992 Giant CFM-1 (800x600).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 812
stingray230sx":3nitpcf2 said:
im trying to keep mine close to original but I don't have the rigid fork, and still looking for a front m900 hub and a wienmann bcx3 rim and m900 brake/shifters to fimish it up........

If you are still looking for the rigid fork that came with the bike I have one that came with mine that I am not going to use at any point in my project build.

sic_nick":266mqp8e said:
stingray230sx":266mqp8e said:

If you are still looking for the rigid fork that came with the bike I have one that came with mine that I am not going to use at any point in my project build.

Thanks, i have managed to buy one, and also a front m900 wheel
In the process now of swapping both hubs to the mavic 231's i picked up from a fb vintage site.
I also found a set of m900 shift/brakes but no rubber boots for the brake cables yet......it never ends lol

Back