Sold Genesis Day One Cross Single Speed (2011) 58cm - Now £130 (£50 goes to charity)

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
I don't know if single speeds get much love on here, and I thought about posting on LFGSS, but as I post on here a bit, I thought I'd try here first.

When I got this it was in a filthy state, so I've thoroughly cleaned it up and replaced the tatty saddle and bar tape. Everything else is original. I got it to rescue rather than ride, so I'll give £50 to a local charity. £150 seems reasonable?

It's in good condition, with the usual scuffs and scrapes (third photo shows the worst), and a few small areas of rust in places (mainly around the brake/mudguard bridges). More photos available on request.

The only negative thing is that the non-drive side drop adjuster doesn't want to move – I suspect with a better allen key it would move, but I didn't want to risk rounding it by trying to force it too much. The rear wheel bearing is also a touch gritty, I'd say, and one front spoke has a kink, but the wheel is still fine, so I've not bothered replacing it. Can come with or without the cheapo plastic pedals 😄

Gearing is 42 - 18. It has a flip-flop hub but there's only the 18T installed.

Size is 58cm, with a 56.5cm top tube.

Collection from Sheffield, or I can possibly arrange collection from the Warrington/Altrincham area.

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG
IMG_5322.JPG
Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 18.22.11.png

Possible interest here. Could you send me a message because I don't know how to
send a private one. Ta.

Price drop to £130 – I couldn't get the non-drive side drop adjuster bolt to move in any way, so I've have had to resort to sawing it off in the drop 😬. On the one hand, this is obviously not ideal , but on the other hand, you can now remove the wheel easily, and it's obvious where the wheel drops back in, as this is the only position it's ever been in. But bearing this in mind, £20 off seems fair, so now £130.

Probably the last price drop before it goes on LFGSS or eBay...

Last edited:
Back