General Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

technodup":20opt614 said:
Mike Muz 67":20opt614 said:
No need to call anything northern, dumps!
Not anything northern. The dumps are helpfully indicated by red on the map.

This doesn't generally include countryside, quaint villages, the lakes etc. Just the Labour voting chav centrals.

HTH

'Labour voting chav central'

You just can't help yourself can you? And you accuse others of the narrative of the playground.

Chopper1192":224i3mvh said:
Ask him what he plans to do for a job when the labour party loses by the biggest margin in modern electoral history.

If that happens (and that may well happen I concede...people seem less interested in policies than gloss) I would imagine he will continue to represent Islington North as he has done since 1983.

Not a shabby record.

Harryburgundy":2kiot4ip said:
I would imagine he will continue to represent Islington North as he has done since 1983. Not a shabby record.
Ask him what the non career politician what he's actually achieved in his 34 year political career. Not stood against and lost, not marched against, actually achieved.

Or, ask him if he's one of the ruling elite he so often rails against. A cushy MP non job, six figure salary and gold plated pension says he is. So what's he got in common with the man on the street? Apart from the unkempt garden and dodgy tracksuits.

Re:

Pretty much an average salary round Upper Street.

He has been a good MP for a long time. That is a very commendable achievement in itself. That he got out and fought the fight on the street during all those years shows his passion and concern for the causes he supports.

Good fella all around.

Not our next prime minister unless there are some radical developments.

Shame.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":23ulzoq0 said:
Pretty much an average salary round Upper Street.
True, but it's 4x the national average. And he's forever castigating 'the rich', wanting to tax them more and suggesting they have it easy and/or use their wealth to keep the lower orders down.

highlandsflyer":23ulzoq0 said:
He has been a good MP for a long time. That is a very commendable achievement in itself. That he got out and fought the fight on the street during all those years shows his passion and concern for the causes he supports.
I quite specifically ruled out protests and asked instead for achievements.

He's a posh boy who went to a good school, flunked uni and has been sucking at the public teat ever since, with nothing to show for it. An abject failure.

Really Technodonut?

By your own oft-stated standards, surely earning a great wage for many years and paying one's own way into one's later years via a great pension is something more than abject failure? If the money was out there to be had, why is there to be any judgement on the means it was acquired?

I specifically described his longevity as a well paid public servant as an achievement. We merely disagree on that. I did not describe his protests as achievements, but some of them certainly achieved something.

What's wrong with being posh? Flunking uni is hardly a terrible thing either.

There is much more to life, and Jeremy Corbyn, love him or loathe him, found that out and made something of himself.

If the people start to see that in him, he may well reach much nearer to leadership than some expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back