General Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have said Germany but that would have been pre Merkel opening the doors so now not so much. I wouldn't mind betting the U.K. is probably in the top 6?

I would have a guess however at Cuba

KDM":14mub7ei said:
I would have said Germany but that would have been pre Merkel opening the doors so now not so much. I wouldn't mind betting the U.K. is probably in the top 6?

I would have a guess however at Cuba
Have you been in Germany recently? There might be in certain regions some structural changes but overall there wasn't and isn't a problem with open doors. Of course the political reaction (and the public as well) could have been different but it still was a good and right decision! Come on over and I invite you for a bowl of hummus and shawarma ;)

Re: Re:

xerxes":7j8pzo9l said:
USA, obviously.
Have you been drinking and watching old episodes of Miami Vice?
The question included tax, it wasn't a "what government provides the most complete service?" question.

Ask someone in a diddy country where they'd most like to go/where they think they'd have the best chance of success and the answer will be Murica. That's why they flock there.

IIRC income tax is 15% until you hit $40k, petrol is cheap as chips, you can carry a gun and you get drive through voting booths. A nuclear superpower, good weather if you pick the right state, and welfare as a safety net. What's not to like?

Or put another way, what percentage of Americans would prefer to be Norwegian. With their big state, high taxes, and expensive living? Not many I'd wager.

Re:

Or put another way, what percentage of Americans would prefer to be Norwegian. With their big state, high taxes, and expensive living? Not many I'd wager.

That's only because their education system is so poor they've never heard of Norway.

Re:

Michael Portillo made some interesting remarks on This Week, to the effect May will not last the year.

Certainly seems she does not have the common touch required to bring the UK together.

A u-turn on Brexit seems to be on the cards.

Her jacket does appear to be hanging on a shakey peg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back