Gazelle Champion Mondial Semi Race ... my favorite Gazelle

1979. I like the Ergo levers for two reasons: their ease of use for touring and the fact that they can be combined with classic 5 and 6 speed drive trains.
No doubt the ergopower are practical. I love the geometry of the semi race, quick and comfy.

DSC_0023.JPG DSC_0022.JPG DSC_0024.JPG

Went for a ride today. 18 degrees and some wind, lovely day. The semi race did marvellously. Yesterday I put a Velo Orange Postino handlebar on it, and a bottlecage holder. Loved them. There is something soothing about the ride...

Last edited:
A new handlebar arrived today, with thanks to @Guinessisgoodforyou!!

Gave me an opportunity to try that trick of taking off grips with a syringe and water. Worked like a charm. I squirted 20ml of water under the grip and it came right of with one pull.

I did a short test ride and it suits the Gazelle and my build much better. Very comfy!

DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0033.JPG

This thread has been dormant for almost a year, but I have finally found the Brooks saddlebag that looks like the one in the brochure. It came up on marktplaats today so I bought it. 50 euros for an unused Brooks bag doesn't seem too bad. I am a happy man.

Nice bag, and a good deal to boot. 👍

Mrs non-fixie bought me one ten years ago and she paid more than twice that, I think.

Southern France, 2014:

4cb47e8e-057d-4927-9ce0-15020634ba6a.jpg

Back