Gazelle Champion Mondial Semi Race ... my favorite Gazelle

grantoury

Kona Fan
Today I travelled to Eelde in two hours and met up with Rob. He had a Gazelle for sale on marktplaats.nl and it turned out as beautiful as in the pictures for once. So I gave him 375 euros and took off with it. It looks like it is in absolutely original state, down to the tyres. They looked pretty dry so I decided to walk back to the train station, 10km. Underway I sat and ate the lunch I brought and took the first few pictures.

IMG_20230103_124430.jpg IMG_20230103_124501.jpg IMG_20230103_124512.jpg

Another pic on the train

IMG_20230103_140607.jpg

Last edited:
Then I took it the last 7 km with me on the bicycle, which I hadn't done in a while. But then it was home! So I took on more picture and checked the serial no. It is a 1978 frame. It looks very much the same as the pic in the brochure, except it has a drop bar, which was an option.

1672757689548.png

The weather is grey and horrible, so I will make some decent pictures when the sun is out again. During my walk i decided I will treat this like a barnfind. It is so nice and original, the first owner only ever did short rides around town on it and kept it in the garage under a plaid. I wanted to put modern components on it and use it, but it is just too nice. It will stay as is.

But this is my favorite Gazelle: the semi race. It has lights (that work!), mudguards, a kickstand, a pump and a comfy seat but also a 531 frame and fork legs.

IMG_20230103_150550.jpg

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Today I travelled to Eelde in two hours and met up with Rob. He had a Gazelle for sale on marktplaats.nl and it turned out as beautiful as in the pictures for once. So I gave him 375 euros and took off with it. It looks like it is in absolutely original state, down to the tyres. They looked pretty dry so I decided to walk back to the train station, 10km. Underway I sat and ate the lunch I brought and took the first few pictures.

View attachment 691847View attachment 691848View attachment 691849

Another pic on the train

View attachment 691851
Beautyful condition

Back