FS - Spooky Metalhead full bike/frameset

Jakester

Retro Newbie
For reluctant sale, my former pride and joy, now languishing unridden at the back of my cloakroom.

Someone, for the love of Mike, buy it and ride it!

Anyway, for sale, a Spooky Metalhead - one of the earliest frames, without the rear disc mount. American (BMX) BB, track end dropouts. Bought from new by Ed Tonge (remember him?) and bought by me from the Pashley shop in Stratford Upon Avon.

Presently built up with Rockshox Pike 426 forks, super-old-skool D521 SUP rims on lockring (!) Hope Bulbs, Profile Racing SS cranks and BB, blue DMR V8s, Answer Pro-Taper bars, 24/7 prototype stem, FSA Pig headset XT M565 4-pot braided hose front brake with 180 rotor, XT V-brake with Avid Arch Rival rear brake.

Drivetrain is...in bits at the moment. Previously set up with Royal Racing 38t ring, I'm in the process of fitting a 38t/26t/E13 Supercharger double ring and bash setup at the front - had an E13 Superspider but it just didn't work, so there's also a SRAM LH shifter, another spider that works, and a Goldtec 38t ring. Basically I think everything you'd need barring a front mech. If you want to run 1x8 (yes, it's 8-speed!) I think I have the DMR Chainguide as well.

Currently on commuting rubber, but I think I have a 2.6" IRC Cujo and some High Rollers in the shed if anyone wants off-road tyres.

It's in, well, reasonable condition considering it's been well-ridden - a fair amount of scratches and paint abrasions, but no actual dents or dings. It could really do with a re-spray, though - the only thing that stopped me was sourcing the decals.

Anyway, some pics:

IMG_9359.jpg

IMG_9360.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg

IMG_9362.jpg

IMG_9363.jpg

IMG_9364.jpg

IMG_9366.jpg

IMG_9367.jpg

IMG_9368.jpg

IMG_9369.jpg

I'll be honest, no idea what the value is for this, so say perhaps £450 for the full bike? The wheels and Pikes are decent enough, and that frame is just a beaut...

Collection only from Brummagum for full bike, could mebbe work summat for frame.

Back