FS: AS NEW Easton EC90 Aero Wheelset JUST £695

Are they 700c? If they are they should fit..or are the hubs weird? I am semi but not totally knowledgeable...

...and fyi this is precisely what I am doing! Looking for wheels like this to fit my frame (max size 27", min size 700c)....it throws up issues with the brakes, i.e you need to adapt them to reach the rims but I'm prepped for that...

...currently collecting/designing components...! And being told off for being mad.

If 700c, I am certainly JEALOUS!!

Yep, 700c ;)

The hubs are different widths compared to MTB hubs. 100 front and 130 rear I think.

MTB hubs are 100 front 135 rear.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

SOME are 135 on the rear, some are 130. In either case, you can get round it especially with a steel frame. Irritatingly I havn't measured this and my bike is far away right now...but just finding out from someone...

Will be a bit tedious if I find mine is a 135mm, but with wheels like that I'd definitely be making them work though! Only if one is so inclined I suppose...

damn you! :p :p

DMZ":2ymk25s1 said:
SOME are 135 on the rear, some are 130. In either case, you can get round it especially with a steel frame. Irritatingly I havn't measured this and my bike is far away right now...but just finding out from someone...

Will be a bit tedious if I find mine is a 135mm, but with wheels like that I'd definitely be making them work though! Only if one is so inclined I suppose...

damn you! :p :p

I reckon if I keep on at you I could tempt you ;) haha

'taint the principle of the matter, its just that I could sell every spare bike/component I had and still not have enough money! sorry!

best of luck with the selling! or fitting them to something....

keithb":x6dkhd51 said:
DMZ, get some of these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=33432
They'll make 700c wheels work on an MTB frame...and these wheels would look beyond amazing on a mutant MTB/700c build. :D

See that, DMZ?

That's fate that is. Now you HAVE to find a way to buy these wheels! Have you got any kids you could sell? Perhaps remortgage the house? ;) :LOL:

Thanks for the info keithb, by the way :)

Can you imagine how cool they'd look on a little hardtail?

Bolt them to a carbon frame, stick some carbon straight blade forks on the front, add some flat bars and a smattering of M950/951/952, top it all off with a Flite or SLR and you have yourself a sub 20lb(easily) rigid!

MTBs on 700's look brill.

Mine...
ba5terd_desktop2.jpg

Winter road hack...going out on this in a little while.

IMG_1511.jpg

Indoor rollers Bonty biatch.
:D

My inspiration...Garys STS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :cool:
gtsts.jpg

MTBs on 700's look brill

:eek: So cool. Keithb: indeed I shall do something similar to those Mavic adapters...but possibly using mine/my fathers fabrication skillz as I am poor... did you have to deal with 135mm spacing for 130mm hubs? If so, which adaptation method did you use?

I am, as you may have gathered, on the lookout for some awesome wheels for the amazing small light mtb frame I have cherished since new; can't afford a whole new bike! The project is also an excuse to do some engineering and design (my speciality), with some retro futurism and lots of beautiful custom made parts to craft something totally unique...and FAST. :)

House? lol! Kids? The bike is the only mutant I am producing right now.... I am mid twenties and in education, doing everything I can to finance myself and not accumulate more debt than I already have! To fund bike stuff I am selling bike stuff, thems the rules, as its naughty that I am even doing it...but you can still follow your passions if you're careful. I do anticipate the biggest chunk will go on wheels; these are the ultimate to me and no questioning their good value but they'd have to be a lot less than they're deemed to be worth to even contemplate....as beautiful and gorgeous and awesome as they indubitably are!

(just been working on my handle bars today...lots of joy!)

Eddie

Back