FS: 58cm (c-c) road frame. V. Important: Needs attention!!

David B

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
In a thread a while ago I mentioned that I was after a new road frame as my old one had developed a hairline crack near the BB.
I've now taken delivery of and built up its replacement so this frame is now for sale.
As mentioned, I must emphasise that it does have a crack in it but someone with welding expertise may be able to repair it, and/or it is still good for light use as a pub ride or "about town" bike. It's definitely not up to the demands of long-distance riding or competitive use any more, however.
The frame is of TIG-welded construction in (I think) Reynolds 631 steel throughout and was re-finished in dark metallic grey powder coat about 6 months ago. Despite the structural problem it's in very good cosmetic condition with no chips, scrapes or dings. The seat tube is 58cm between centres, the top tube is 57cm c-c. Rear end is spaced for 130mm OLN hubs, the BB thread is British and the seatpost diameter 27.2mm. It takes a 1 inch headset and has braze-ons for 2 water bottle cages, front derailleur and STI/Ergo/bar-end gear cable adjusters on the head tube. Please note that it cannot be used with down-tube shifters as it has no lever bosses. The rear brake mount is of the allen key type for a short-drop caliper. There is a plastic twin gear cable mount fitted under the BB shell.
The rear dropouts are horizontal so it can be adapted for use as a singlespeed/fixie; the R/H dropout also has a mech hanger built in.

Note also that this frame has no mudguard provision and does not come with any forks. However, I will include a front mech (Campag Mirage 9-speed braze-on), cable adjusters, seat clamp bolt and a Shimano UN52/53 type sealed BB unit (113mm spindle, I think).

Asking £30 (or nearest realistic offer) including 48hr Parcelforce delivery within the UK (no overseas buyers please), but a discount is available if collecting in person - I'm based just outside of Winchester, Hampshire.

Photos in its previous state as a complete bike here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60525/sets ... 323058838/

(I've since removed my name transfer from the top tube in preparation for having a new owner!)

Thanks in advance for any interest. If I've missed anything you need to know, just drop me a line.

David

Back