Sold 1950s C. Bertrand frameset and parts

caemis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi!
I bought this set a while back from @Foreigner and always hoped to get it build. Unfortunately my landlord likes to renovate (actually necessary) the roof and attic, where my workshop is located. Long story short, I am running out of time and more so of space and need to sell off my remaining parts, frames, etc.

I am really hesitant to see this one go, but without the workshop, I've no space and being on the smaller side for my liking, it has to be.

This set probably has been made in the early 1950s as custom frameset by Eddie Sage, who bought the "C. Bertrand Company" in the late 40s. Having only build custom frames, the Berties seemed to be quite rare as are the information regarding the brands history.

Expect from some paint loss at dropouts and seatpost, the frame is in quite good condition. It might had beed resprayed at some point and got same braze ons for a watteebottle during the last 70s years. And the rear got widened to 126 but I had it checked for its alignment, everything is fine.

Size:

seattube ct: 57.5cm
toptube cc: 56.5cm
headtube: 1" (30.2 cups, 26.4 crown)
BB: 68mm BSA
Spacing: 100/126

No rear derailleurer hanger.

With the frameset, I will pack a matching Campagnolo Record seatpost (27.2), a worn but usable Brooks Pro, some Lyotard Rat Trap pedals, a Stronglight 93 crankset and some Mafac Racer brakes. So pretty much what you need to get the bike rollin quickly.

I fitted some 700c/32mm cross tires both front an rear with ease, if you fancy the rough stuff...

I'd like to ask for 175€/150£ and as for shipping, it will cost about 35€ to 50€ with DHL.

Cheers,
Nora

Back