FS - 1980 Harry Quinn Frame

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
I have for sale a 1980 Harry Quinn 23" c-2-t frame with a 22" c-2-c top tube. The frame number is Q5309 which dates it at early 1980 from the time when Frank Clements was at the shop. Frames from this period started at Q5300 according to Classic Rendezvous website.

It is not 531 tubing (not sure what it is but possibly Tange) but has Prugnat 'window' lugs, Zeus 2000 rear ends and some nice detailing on the braze-ons. No gear bosses are fitted (stop on down tube) and there are above bracket cable guides. Forks are Tange chrome in a far from pristine condition but I reckon they would clean up reasonably well. Overall this frame needs some attention - particularly at the rear gear side dropout which has broken at some time and been 'mended' by brazing on an old gear hanger behind it! A frame builder friend tells me that it is a relatively simple job to have it replaced with a new one.

It will need a repaint, the current finish is a bit 'crazed' but there doesn't seem to be any major rust and the threads seem OK. The seat pin is 26.2mm diameter and the current one seems to be 'fixed' although I haven't actually tried to remove it. The seat clamp is free.

I bought the frame because of the name on it, thinking that it was one that used to belong to a very old friend but, on detailed investigation, it became obvious it was much to 'new' as his frame was new in the 60's. Strangely enough though it was this colour!

I am looking for £35.00 including carriage to a UK address only. Payment by cleared cheque or cash (no Paypal etc.). Discount for collection!

More photos available on request.

Attachments

• HQRearDropout.jpg
    HQRearDropout.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,282
  • HQForks.jpg
    HQForks.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 2,282
  • HQFrame.1.jpg
    HQFrame.1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,282
Back