FS: 1960s Peracinni, 58cm road bike

wbcummock

Dirt Disciple
1960s Reynolds 531 Double butted tubing though-out, racing geometry, very nice spearpoint lugs and long Gipiemme horizontal drop-outs.

58cm c-t seat-tube, 59cm c-c top tube.

The exotic sounding Peracinni was actually the house brand of Spokes bike shop in Bognor, their later offerings were rebadged Cioccs, but i believe they built this themselves.

The bike's only had one rider before me, who is now 85.

Some patina of age, but overall it's an attractive bike with a lot of charm.
Had been sitting in a garage for 30 years when i purchased it.

It came to me geared, with a Simplex rear mech, 5 speed Regina extra freewheel and Campy hubbed tub rims which need a bit of an overall and new tubs.

I still have all the bits and could easily swap them for current fixed setup if that would interest anyone.

Otherwise for sale in current fixed-gear guise with the following bits:

Solida Cottered crankset with 170mm arms + Dural Cegedur 48t alloy chainring.

Il Primo "Giro di Sicilia" alloy bars

Campagnolo 27.2mm double bolt seatpost

Arius Gran Carrera leather Saddle

80mm ITM alloy stem

Tange Allez Headset

Weinmann 500 brakes and levers with fresh hoods + new inner and outer cables

700c wheels- Front is a 36h Mavic Open Pro on gorgeous Suntour Superbe Pro L/F QR hub. There's some wear to the braking surface, but plenty of life left and it runs silkily smooth. Was built by Harry Rowland.
Rear is a 36h Kinlin XR-300 rim (similar to + slightly lighter than a Velocity deep-v) on a Formula double sided track hub. This is fitted with a On-One 21t CNC'd track sprocket and lock-ring - the wheel practically unused, ridden less than 10 miles- cost around £130.

New Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25 tyres.

The Look pedals pictured are not included.

The bike is in Hove BN3, and I would prefer someone to collect it, but would be willing to post for £18 or deliver whole to London for £12

Looking for £180 please.

Viewing very welcome, any questions please post below.

6411265293_c46aa5b828_b.jpg

6411263183_995ab47e17_b.jpg

Back