Friends reunited

surely selling it is better than the feeling of returning to little or no bike at all!
i had a dream last night that i returned to my bike to find nothing but the frame and bottom bracket left! :( muchos heart ache!

twain":11e4kpvj said:
surely selling it is better than the feeling of returning to little or no bike at all!
i had a dream last night that i returned to my bike to find nothing but the frame and bottom bracket left! :( muchos heart ache!

That's because you live in Brighton ;)

makster":1bswkbio said:
I love it here.
The way of life is so much better than the UK. You can leave things like this around and not have to worry about it.
My German language courses start in October, then I'll be looking at a long term transfer

If auf viedersein taught us anything it's that your statement isn't true! :LOL:

Tc

jonnyboy666":2ojw4fr5 said:
you'd be rubbish in the army!! never leave a man (or bike) behind!!! :LOL:

I left it as an OP, and it did it's duty well ;)
I paid over the odds for this frame and forks, karma'd a perfectly good Saracen frame and forks to Graveymonster (after using the MT60 kit to build up the Jamis), actually ride the bike whenever I can and still get crap for leaving it securely locked up between rides (OK, 2 1/2 years between rides is a long time, but I bet there are BOTM winners that have been ridden less in the last 3 years!!).
I'll update tomorrow with some cleaned, fettled, loved and ridden pics ;)

Tc":3jqjup9k said:
If auf viedersein taught us anything it's that your statement isn't true! :LOL:

Tc

I'm pretty sure it was the brummies, scousers and geordies that were the thieving element in that equation ;) and it's auf wiedersehen :D

;) and it's auf wiedersehen :D [/quote]

My my your German is coming on! :D

Tc

makster":3r63q8ib said:
twain":3r63q8ib said:

:LOL: although with the average intelligence of bike thieves round here collectively amounting to the equivalent of a dried patch of chewing gum on the ground by a bin, i'd safely assume they wouldn't strip the bike down that far, they'd probably stop at the seat post (if it was quick release), scratch their head, then proceed to bash the bike out of frustration.
i see so many bikes round here with bent wheels, i often wonder how they get in that state... :?

twain":kyzaoy8f said:
makster":kyzaoy8f said:
twain":kyzaoy8f said:

:LOL: although with the average intelligence of bike thieves round here collectively amounting to the equivalent of a dried patch of chewing gum on the ground by a bin, i'd safely assume they wouldn't strip the bike down that far, they'd probably stop at the seat post (if it was quick release), scratch their head, then proceed to bash the bike out of frustration.
i see so many bikes round here with bent wheels, i often wonder how they get in that state... :?

It's the same in Bournemouth. So many bikes are simply beat up, simply because they've been left for a few days :evil:

makster":1rvgpy0v said:
twain":1rvgpy0v said:
makster":1rvgpy0v said:
twain":1rvgpy0v said:

It's the same in Bournemouth. So many bikes are simply beat up, simply because they've been left for a few days :evil:

i think maybe we should move to Germany then. or at least store our bikes there. good excuse for a holiday 'just going to lock up the bike luv - see you in a week'...:D

Back